11/4/09

When Tim and I "Got Lost At Clark" (Jessica's side of the story)

Lost [lawst, lost] –adjective
1. no longer possessed or retained

2. no longer to be found: lost articles.

3. having gone astray or missed the way; bewildered as to place, direction, etc.: lost children, lost friends, ...lost Tim.

–verb (used with object), verb (used without object)

It all started with an assignment…a silly silly assignment to get out blood drawn. Tim and I were taking classes at Clark College for high school and we decided to take some classes together one of those being Health PE. For one of our assignments we had to go have our blood tested at the health center. We had one class that we didn’t take together and our appointment was right after that so we decided to meet at the library and we would go to the health center together. I went to where we decided to meet at the time we decided to meet and I waited for him there for about 15 minutes. I decided to take a look around the library to see if he was somewhere else but I didn’t see him anywhere.
I didn’t see him anywhere so I figured that he was at the health center but he wasn’t there. I needed to go to the bank to get some money so that we could pay for our tests, so I decided I would just go and I was sure he would go to the health center eventually. I ran to the bank and got some cash and then I went back to Clark and parked by the health center, by this point I was about 15-20 minutes late for my appointment so I decided to go reschedule and pay for Tim’s appointment and hoping he would still be there, but he wasn’t! Now what??? I ran around campus for a bit looking for him. I couldn’t find him anywhere! I was starting to get panicked...all these crazy scary things were going through my head, what if he got kidnapped or something!
I didn’t know what to do so I went to my car to try to figure it out. I decided to head down to the public library to see if he had walked down there. As I was attempting to back out of the little parking spot that I got into without a problem, I somehow got wedged just perfectly against the car beside me…if it weren’t for the dent on the side of my car I would’ve hit the car beside me multiple times…I’m still not quite sure how I managed to get out, it took about a half hour of backing up and pulling forward again before I finally got out of the stupid parking spot! Not only was I worried and scared I was now completely flustered and frustrated! I headed down to the library but I didn’t see him so I drove back up to campus and was just clueless as to where to go or start looking again. I was so panicked!
I drove down back down to the library again and as I was pulling into the library parking lot there he was coming out of the building…after feeling relieved that he was alive and unharmed and that I found him it all sunk in…I was ANGRY!!!! Oh man I was furious! As soon as he opened the car door to get in, both of us just started yelling asking each other where the other person was; and then I started to cry (because I’m a girl and I was so worried!!!!!). The lady in the car beside us was totally wondering what the heck was going on. After sitting in silence for a bit Tim in frustration took his band-aid off and went to throw it on the dash board but it accidently went down the air vent and he and both just burst out laughing!!!! Then we realized how silly we were and we laughed even harder about what had just happened!
Now, Tim and I joke about that “one time we got lost at Clark”. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment