3/4/12

Tostadas

This is probably my favorite meal of the moment. Mick really knows how to make Mexican food! I thought I would share the recipe with you guys!

ingredients:
-corn tortillas
-cooking oil
-beans
-lettuce
-Cacique Rancher Queso Fresco cheese {here}
-sour cream
-salsa

we like to make our own beans. mick puts them in a crockpot a few hours before we want to eat. SOOOO much better than canned! we mush them to make them "re-fried", but don't put lard in them, just a little salt.

we make sure everything is prepped and we begin the tortillas. for that just put a small amount of oil in a frying pan and warm it up on medium heat. fry the tortilla until light golden brown on each side.

now, put the ingredients on the tortilla in whatever order you like. this is how i do it:

tortilla, beans, cheese, lettuce, sour cream, and then salsa.

EAT! ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so good right now! I never think of myself as liking Mexican food, but whenever I see some, I want to eat it. I am not even sure I know myself.

    ReplyDelete