10/18/10

HALLOWEEN!

I like halloween. I think its a pretty fun time of year. AND the real reason is because once Halloween comes around, Thanksgiving is literally around the corner and Thanksgiving means that CHRISTMAS IS SO TOTALLY NEAR!!! I just love the holidays. And this year I'm feeling the great urges to bake a lot of really unhealthy deserts and such. I'm not sure why. I've never been great at cooking or baking. But since being in this 2nd trimester of pregnancy I really want to bake. Not box cakes or frozen cookies. But serious desserts. yeah. here's the one I'm hoping to attempt next. Wish me luck.

CARAMEL APPLE DESSERT

Prep Time: 15 min * Total Time: 5 hours 15 min. (incl. refrigeration) * Makes: 16 servings.

60 NILLA Wafers, finely crushed (about 2 cups)
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
3 1/4 cups milk, divided
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping, divided
1 each red and green apple, chopped
1/4 cup Planters Cocktail Peanuts, chopped

MIX wafer crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 16x9 inch pan.

BEAT cream cheese, sugar, and 1/4 cup milk with mixer until well blended. Stir in 1 cup COOL WHIP; spread over crust.

BEAT pudding mixes and remaining milk with whisk 2 min. Stir in 1/4 cup caramel topping. Spoon over cream cheese layer; top with remaining COOL WHIP.

REFRIGERATE 5 hours or until firm. Top with apples, nuts and remaining caramel topping just before serving.

Anyways. I wish I had a photo to post with this recipe. I do suggest every one head to the nearest magazine stand and buy Novembers issue of Real Simple. That's where I'll be getting most of my baking recipes from. They look so wonderful I almost want to eat the pages right out of the magazine!

So who's dressing up this year? I don't think I'm going to. It'll be interesting to see what happens this year considering Halloween is on Sunday. Will there be an unspoken move to Saturday night? haha. I would laugh real hard if that happened.

Have you seen my baby bump recently? Its huge. Well, it's definitely growing. I feel like it just decided to really poke out about a week ago. haha. People I don't know actually ask when I'm due now. Lol. I like it. I'm starting to feel uncomfortable thought. I don't know how to work this baby bump of mine. I've been wearing leggings and I did find a pair of jeans that fit. Shirts are annoying as heck! None of my sweaters fit. I need some fall/winter tops.

Oh! I went for a drive up Alpine loop the other day. It was MAGNIFICENT! WOW! The leaves were covered in gold! SOOOO pretty! I'll post photos soon.

Well, I'm off. I think its time to clean. And maybe sneak in a bite or two of this wonderful pumpkin ice cream Debbie bought the other day. I heart the Schwans man! The End.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Pictures, Dotter, Pictures! And I'm not talking beautiful leaves! PLEASE, please, please??? Love you!

    ReplyDelete