7/19/12

Guest Post: A Brunette Duet-Chocolate Chip Recipe

Hello Everyone!  I'm Laura from A Brunette Duet and I want to thank Jess for the opportunity to invade her blogging space for the day! I hope you are having a great vacation Jess!! So onto more tastier items, I have only met one person in my entire life who admitted to not liking chocolate! Can you believe that? There are actually people out there that don't like it?! I still don't know if I fully believe them.... Anyways, today I am going to share with you one of my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe ever! It's a Nestle Toll House recipe so it's guaranteed delish! Chunky Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients: 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour 1/2 tsp. baking soda 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. salt 3/4 cup (or 1 1/2 sticks) softened butter 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter 1 large egg 1 tsp. vanilla extract 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 1/2 cup of one of the following: peanuts, M&Ms, white chocolate morsels, etc (your pick) Directions:
1. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in small bowl and set aside. In large bowl, combine butter, sugars, and peanut butter till smooth. Add egg and vanilla and mix till creamy. 2. Gradually blend flour mixture into large bowl. 3. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (or whatever you choose to substitute for it-I personally like white chocolate or chocolate chunks) 4. Spoon batter onto ungreased cookie sheet. I use an ice cream scoop so they all come out fairly close to the same size. 5. Bake at 375 for 7-10 minutes. I like mine somewhat undercooked so I pull mine out when they still look a tad "doughy" in the middle. 6. Scrape the bowl till you've got every last ounce of dough and eat it! (Some may not agree with this practice, I choose to listen to my mom who always let me enjoy this little ritual)


THANK YOU sooooooooo much Laura!! I do have a confession...I HATE chocolate. When I make my family chocolate chip cookies I always take a small part of the dough and make a few cookies with out the chocolate chips. HAHA! I hope we can still be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment